As of Wednesday, August 1, J-35 a member of the endangered Southern Resident Killer Whale pods, was still keeping her dead calf with her. The Whale Museum posted an update and a July 30 photo from Soundwatch on the museum's Facebook page.
J-35 near the mouth of the Fraser River in British Columbia on July 30, 2018. Soundwatch photo
You can read the message on The Whale Museum's Facebook page.
- With orca mother no longer carrying dead calf, Greenpeace calls for greater efforts to protect endangered orcas
- J-35 releases her dead calf
- Update August 10 on J-35: She has been carrying her calf for 17 days
- NOAA still looking for J50 so assessment can be done; J35 not seen in a few days
- Update from CWR about J-35's dead calf