Friday Harbor and Orcas Island won their first-round consolation games Friday, May 25 and will play a second day at the 2018 Class 2B State Fastpitch Softball Tournament in Yakima. The Wolverines (15-8) built a 19-8 lead in the top of the seventh inning against Richland’s Liberty Christian (19-9) and survived a 10-run rally by the Patriots for the 19-18 victory. The Vikings (15-8) shut out Winthrop’s Liberty Bell (13-7) by a 8-0 margin.
Both island teams next play elimination games against quaterfinals losers at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 26 at Yakima’s Gateway Sports Complex. Friday Harbor will play Kittitas/Thorp (22-3) and Orcas (12-4) will meet Onalaska (14-10).
- Wolverines fastpitch season wraps up at state
- Wolverines advance to final eight, Vikings eliminated
- Vikings and Wolverines both lose first round; play crucial 2nd game at 3 p.m.
- Friday Harbor wins district fastpitch title, to make fourth straight state tourney trip
- Wolverine fastpitch softball team season scores and links
- Wolverine fastpitch team completes league sweep
- Friday Harbor softball team clinches at least a share of league title
- Wolverines sweep Vikings in fastpitch doubleheader
- Wolverine softball team in first place in conference