Part Time Office Coordinator University of Washington Friday Harbor Labs
25 hours per week, $2621/month Full Benefits
Serve as the “face” of FHL, coordinating diverse office activities and assisting visitors by phone, email, and in person; manage and monitor visitor reservations; communicate visitor activities, facility use, and needs to relevant FHL staff; coordinate and publicize events including campus tours, annual Open House, annual Lecturer visit, and biennial Advancement Board meetings.
Construction and Maintenance Mechanic University of Washington, Friday Harbor Labs Full time position with benefits. $4,942-$5,564/month. Perform journey-level work in the following skilled trades areas: carpentry, construction, remodel, repair, and maintenance of buildings, facilities, grounds, utilities, machinery, and equipment at Friday Harbor Labs. Min qualifications: Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in at least two skilled trades areas or equivalent education/experience. To apply visit http://www.washington.edu/jobs/ 8/30/23. Click on the find jobs button and enter Req #224925.posted 8/7
Part Time Hourly Custodian Position University of Washington, Friday Harbor Labs $20/ hour temp hourly as needed, with room for job growth in custodial department.
Maintain the cleanliness and care of housing units, dining halls, lecture halls, and other on-site campus facilities. Previous housekeeping skills are desired.
To apply, email your resume to Alisa Schoultz, alisafhl (at) uw.edu or call 206-616-0759 BEFORE 8/31/23. posted 8/7
Yard and garden workers needed:
Need help with five acres of waterfront land, including weed-whacking, raking, weeding, and general landscape clean-up. Pay is $25 an hour to start. You pick the days and hours that you want to work. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org posted 07/25
Position: Finance & Operations Manager
The Whale Museum is seeking a person to fulfill the role of Finance & Operations Manager. Year-round FT employment includes benefits.
Incorporated in 1976, The Whale Museum was opened in 1979 as the first U.S. museum dedicated to whales living in the wild. The museum’s mission is to promote stewardship of whales and the Salish Sea ecosystem through education and research. Our facility is located on San Juan Island, northwest of Seattle, Washington. This remote island is accessible only by ferry, boat or plane.
Summary: The Finance & Operations Manager of The Whale Museum (TWM), provides general support and assistance to the Executive Director to maintain continuity of TWM operations, ensuring effective and efficient business management on a daily basis. The Finance & Operations Manager is charged with deputizing for the Executive Director, in his/ her absence and, vitally, in maintaining an element of continuity of the Executive Director’s more strategic focus and the everyday operational needs of TWM. In addition, the Finance & Operations Manager has specific responsibilities in several critical areas concerning finance management, human resources, operations, maintenance, and serving as acting Director in absence of the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in Business Administration, Accounting/Human Resources, and/or related field. A minimum of five years in positions of progressive responsibility in office management, business management, not-for-profit management or Museum management is required.
The successful candidate will be organized, reliable, have excellent communication skills (oral and written), excellent attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, working knowledge of GAAP principles, and understand the importance of confidentiality.
Additional requirements include excellent computer/technological skills (i.e., bookkeeping, word processing, database management, spreadsheets; specific programs include: QuickBooks for Non-Profits, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, as well as DonorPerfect, Vend, and Shopify), grant writing, and project management experience. A varied skill set and flexibility are major assets.
Please Note: International applicants are required to have approved Visa and documentation to work in the U.S. at the time of submission. Salary range is $65,000-68,000 (varies based on experience and relocation support needs). Benefit package includes: Health Care (medical, vision, dental), Simple IRA Retirement Plan Contribution, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a PDF file containing your letter of interest, resume and at least three references. Your letter of interest must address (1) examples of accomplishments to illustrate your experience for this role; (2) your philosophy about the position; and (3) insight into what draws you to The Whale Museum’s mission at this time in your career.
Please Note: International applicants required to have approved Visa and documentation to work in the U.S. at the time of submission. Please email your PDF package to:
Jenny L. Atkinson, Executive Director, The Whale Museum – email: Jenny@whalemuseum.org
Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring decisions are not made based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected group status.
The duties listed are to give prospective applicants a better understanding of the position. This is not a comprehensive list of job duties.
Position open: July 21, 2023. Deadline: Open until position is filled. posted 07/21
Customer Service/Ramp Agents - Seasonal | June/July through August | Friday Harbor, WA
Kenmore Air is an iconic company dedicated to its employees and customers! Serving the Pacific Northwest for 75 years, we provide scenic tours, scheduled service and charters. We also operate two airplane maintenance facilities, sell airplane parts and provide flight instruction.
We are looking for Customer Service/Station Agents that are willing to work during our busy season that begins in May through September. You will be performing a variety of job responsibilities at our Friday Harbor Airport terminal.
Providing excellent customer service over the phone, in person or via email
Creating a welcoming atmosphere for our passengers
Assist with any travel needs at the station (e.g., answering inquiries, check in’s and weighing cargo)
Safe, on-time boarding of passengers for all inbound and outbound flights
Loading and unloading luggage and cargo
Qualifications and Requirements
Previous customer service experience
Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Enthusiasm and the willingness to handle any challenges with professionalism
Regular and punctual attendance
Experience with computers and phone systems
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to lift and move 50 pounds at check-in and aircraft loading
Long periods of standing, sitting, and walking may occur
Working in periodic inclement weather
Please review and apply for this job via this internal link to Human Resources at Kenmore Air.
Location – Friday Harbor
800 Franklin Road
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Give us a call with any questions: 866-435-9524 Posted 6/3
Northwest Workforce Council Job Description for Workforce Coordinator San Juan
POSITION TITLE: Workforce Coordinator
Location: Position available in San Juan County (Friday Harbor)
Reports to: Programs Manager
Type of Position: Permanent Part-Time Non-Exempt (Schedule negotiable; provided annually)
Salary: $48,358 (pro-rated per hours worked), PLUS Benefits
Benefits: Full Package Provided Northwest Workforce Council, a highly successful private non-profit organization, seeks dynamic and energetic individual to join our team. If you are results-focused, enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, and want to be part of an organization that contributes to the economic vitality of the North Puget Sound region, apply today!
ABOUT US: Northwest Workforce Council’s mission to prepare a skilled, successful workforce aligned to the needs of business and industry. The Council oversees a regional workforce development system and promotes the alignment of education, training and employment efforts coupled closely with economic revitalization strategies and is a powerful mechanism for comprehensive community-wide workforce planning and coordination.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Workforce Coordinator delivers customer focused employment and/or vocational training services to job seekers, and workforce services to businesses. The Workforce Coordinator helps individuals at all steps in their career path to become self-sufficient through employment. You will connect with customers to learn what their needs are to finding employment. Services provided may also include funding training expenses and offering connections to community agencies.
Examples of Job Duties:
• Through a process of developing an individual plan, conducts interviews to explain program services and activities and in determining eligibility and/or appropriateness for program participation
• Manage and coordinate program services for diverse populations with various agencies, business customers, educational institutions, and trainees simultaneously
• Provides outstanding customer service to establish appropriate training or employment opportunities for customers
• Use the principles of career and vocational guidance to assist individuals with career development, job search, work-based learning, student retention, successful completion of training, gaining employment and career advancement activities
• Assess skills, abilities, work history, educational needs, barriers, and employment goals of job seekers, develop and monitor service plans, conduct follow-up with customers to assist as indicated
• Assess and assist meeting business customers’ needs for a qualified workforce
• Manage caseload, provide case management, facilitate appropriate support services. Obligates and manages training program monies and tracks resources
• Maintain written and computerized records in a systematic fashion, including timely reporting
• Maintain performance outcome standards
• Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and policies of the agency
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduation from a four-year college with major course work in business, social sciences, education OR related field AND at least one year work experience, OR a combination of education and experience which demonstrates:
• Knowledge of techniques for interviewing, motivating, vocational guidance and counseling, and/or case management
• Knowledge in electronic job search tools, and basic skills required by employers
• Ability to understand, assess, and meet business customer needs
• Adapt easily to changing needs, processes, and work responsibilities
• Ability to demonstrate effective, independent problem solving skills in a regulatory environment • Understand and utilize the principles of teamwork and process improvement techniques
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and professional organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office applications, data collection systems, and online meeting platforms
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Additional Requirements are listed here:
• The San Juan County Workforce Coordinator is a permanent non-exempt, professional position with the Northwest Workforce Council which requires a set, primarily part-time, schedule. The employee is required to be present in the workplace on a regular and reliable basis. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasionally alternate schedule/hours as may be required to effectively execute duties of the position.
Work is conducted primarily in an office setting and will involve some limited travel within the region; employee to provide own transportation, with travel reimbursed at fixed federal or actual rates
• Valid Washington state driver license, and properly licensed and insured vehicle available during work hours During the six-month provisional employment period, the applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of job and without any extended leave time Consistent with public health agency recommendations, being fully COVID-19 vaccinated is a condition of employment. Demonstration of vaccination status is required before employment commences. The position requires passing a criminal background check as condition of employment BENEFITS: For a more detailed look at NWC’s Benefit Package, please visit www.nwboard.org.
Beginning salary is $48,358 per year, PLUS each employee receives an excellent benefit package which includes:
• Employer paid employee medical and vision
• Employer paid family dental insurance coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Eleven paid holidays including floating holiday
• Employer fully funded (@ 7%) retirement plan; AND employee 401K option.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Only those applications that contain the following required items (1-4) will be considered. It is NWC policy to verify information contained in all application materials. To apply, please submit the following to HR@workforcenorthwest.org:
1. Letter of Interest, to include the title and location of the position you are applying for
2. Current Resume
3. Supervisory (or other Professional) References w/ current contact information (minimum three)
4. Detailed Response to the following two questions:
• What is your understanding of the position?
• How are you uniquely qualified for the position?
Candidates whose qualifications most closely match the desired attributes will be invited to interview at their own travel expense. The process may include, in addition to an oral interview, a written exercise, a presentation and/or skills testing.
NWC reserves the right to extend application deadlines and to modify the selection schedule without notice, or to form eligibility lists for, or make appointments to other NWC positions with similar employment requirements.
Position is open until filled. Northwest Workforce Council is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. posted 4/25
LINKS TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES