Tuesday, the Boards of San Juan County Public Hospital District 1 and San Juan Island Fire District 3 were poised to approve a 10-year-contract giving control of SJI EMS to the Fire District. Wednesday, September 18, after receiving pushback from community members and some staff, the two boards postponed the September 25 joint meeting.
The PHD Commission will still hold its regular monthly meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday, September 25 in the Frank Wilson EMS building on Spring Street in Friday Harbor. They will discuss the proposed contract. The Fire District will do the same at its October 9 regular meeting.
Later in October the Boards will meet together to discuss input from staff, commissioners, and the public. The updated draft document will be available to the public to review and comment on.
- PHD to hold special meeting Nov. 12 in Friday Harbor
- Sharp: Don't put the cart before the horse with proposed EMS/Fire merger
- Dr. Geyman: Premature merger vote would be irresponsible
- Drath: Opposes hasty move by Schwinge, Edwards and Smith
- UPDATE: Fire won't sign ILA unless ALL PHD commissioners agree on it
- PHD Board continues rush to adopt contract, will meet Oct. 21 and 23
- Madsen: Urging PHD to slow down merger process
- PHD continues discussing EMS/Fire contract October 16
- Why are Smith, Edwards determined to turn San Juan EMS over to Fire in the next six weeks?
- EMS/Fire Dept draft contract tabled for at least a week
- Under proposed EMS/Fire contract: It's merger first, details later
- Highlights of CAG report on Fire and EMS integration
- Appears CAG is recommending SJ EMS integrate with San Juan Island Fire Dept
- CAG's decison on SJ EMS and Fire Dept. consolidation recommendation to be announced April 2
- SJ EMS Chief quits; recommends EMS join Fire Department