A series of agricultural outreach meetings hosted by Washington State University San Juan County Extension, San Juan County Agricultural Resources Committee, and San Juan Islands Agricultural Guild, will take place in San Juan County.
Information and updates will be presented about:
San Juan County Food Hub,
2018 SJC Agricultural Summit,
SJC Comprehensive Plan Update,
USDA Beginning Farmer Grant.
A New Farmer Roundtable will take place from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Please join us to share your concerns, feedback and priorities about how we can work together to strengthen agriculture in San Juan County.
The meetings will be held from 1:30 to 4 pm on:
Lopez Island – Monday, November 27 at Grace Church Community Room
Orcas Island – Tuesday, November 28 at , Eastsound Fire Hall
San Juan Island – Monday, December 4 at Skagit Valley College San Juan Center Community Room
1:30 to 2:30 pm Update on 2018 Ag Summit and SJC Food Hub Discussion of the Comprehensive Plan Update
• What is the Comp Plan and how does it affect farmers?
• What issues should the Comp Plan Update address to benefit farmers?
• How can you be engaged?
2:30 - 3:00 pm Summarize opportunities offered through USDA Beginning Farmer Grant WSU
• Mentoring Program
• Workshops and training SJ Islands Ag Guild
• Support for new farmer access to farmland and farmland transition
3:00 – 4:30 pm New farmer roundtable discussion
• How can we help support your goals?
• What resources are available to help you?