San Juan Island School District recognizes that the pandemic related school closure for teleschooling will impact some of our families and their access to nutrition. To help support our families, the School District’s food service will resume Friday March 20, 2020 in the form of grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches.
Beginning Friday, the San Juan Island School District will provide a Grab and Go breakfast and lunch for any child living on San Juan Island between the ages 0-18 years old at no cost.
The meal components will meet state and federal nutritional guidelines. We are thankful to be able to provide basic nutrition with milk, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fresh fruit and fresh vegetables for lunch, and milk, yogurt, a breakfast bar and fresh fruit for breakfast. Most items will be pre-packaged and may be altered or substituted without prior notification due to supply and demand nationwide.
Families may order breakfast and lunches for this coming week through this google form that can be found on the district website or by calling any school office. Orders must be placed by Thursday, March 19 at noon for food service on Friday and for the following week, March 23-27. For orders placed past the deadline, please call the school office directly.
Meals will be distributed at three locations;
Friday Harbor Elementary School parking lot
Friday Harbor High School parking Lot
595 Roche Harbor Road.
In addition, meals will be delivered at designated bus stops on an as-needed basis.
Food service will be between 7:00 am - 7:45 am Monday-Friday during the school closure. Please note that food service will not be provided during Spring Break April 13-17.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN NEED TO BE PRESENT AT THE PICKUP SITE TO RECEIVE MEALS.
Please plan for children to take food from the site, as we are unable to offer space for children to consume the meal on-site.
Only one order form per family is necessary. An order form must be completed each week.
A sincere thank you to our wonderful staff and supportive community.
SJISD Non-discrimination Statement San Juan Island School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
- New MS/HS Principal starts in July in Friday Harbor
- WIAA told no sports for the rest of this school year
- Inslee extends school closures for the rest of the 2019-20 school year
- San Juan Island School District ready to put its thorough plans in action
- San Juan Island School District is planning on tele-schooling March 20 - April 24
- Gov. cancels all K-12 schools in state until April 24
- Friday Harbor Elementary School STEM Teams win Competitive Science Awards
- Sports games, community dinner, senior vs staff basketball game among the canceled activities on San Juan Island
- Supreme Court rules state must fully fund K-12 education
- Stepping Up STEM Education in Washington