Island Marble Butterfly Habitat Tour takes place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 7, 2022 on San Juan Island.
This tour of south San Juan Island will include stops at three sites where landowners are making new habitat for Island Marble Butterfly. Attendees will learn about the different habitat creation methods being tested, what the butterfly needs to survive, and how anyone can get involved to help this rare animal.
This event is in partnership with US Fish and Wildlife Service, WA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, San Juan Islands Conservation District, San Juan Preservation Trust, and Ecostudies Institute.
Registration is required. R.S.V.P. to Tanja Williamson at 360-370-7655 or email email@example.com
- How orcas are a better version of us
- Draft Turtleback Mountain Preserve stewardship and management plan ready for public comment
- What should you do if you find a fawn?
- Salish Sea Science Prize awarded to Shoreline Restoration Scientist Tina Whitman
- To Bee or Not to Bee by Cynthia Brast-Bormann
- Positive change for the foxes at American Camp on San Juan Island
- San Juan County Climate and Sustainability Advisory Committee launched; tips for Earth Day
- What the humble clover means for the future of life in cities
- 96 land-use violations filed in the last 14 months in the San Juan Islands, 28 resolved
- San Juan Preservation Trust and Land Bank outbid on former Glenwood Inn property on Orcas Island
- March 8: County Council discusses proposed vacation rental cap
- Action by citizen group leads to permanent protection for 33-acres on San Juan Island
- Big change in the works for Friday Harbor skyline
- Great news: Island Marble Butterfly protected under Endangered Species List
- San Juan and Lopez island landowners still needed for Island Marble butterfly recovery
- Public comments sought on Draft Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances for Island Marble Butterfly
- Comment by Nov. 6, 2018 on DNR's Marbled Murrelet Long-Term Conservation Strategy
- How you can help the rare Island Marble Butterfly
- Comment by June 11 on plans to protect Island Marble Butterfly
- Island Marble butterfly gaining protection as an Endangered Species
- Island Marble Butterfly endangered but...
- Island Marble Butterfly enroute to Endangered status
- Column by Susan Vernon: Island Marble Butterfly Part I - May 2010
- Column by Susan Vernon: Island Marble Butterfly Part II - Life cycle (posted 2010)
- Petition filed to add Island Marble Butterfly to Endangered Species List