The PHD Commission and the Fire District Commission will hold a special meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 2 at the Fire District offices located at 1011 Mullis Street in Friday Harbor. A representative from the Town of Friday Harbor is sending a representative.
The purpose of this meeting is to hear the final report of the CAG that has been meeting for a year researching a possible integration of SJ EMS into SJ Fire and Rescue. The CAG gave the PHD and the Fire Dept. electronic copies of the lengthy report last week.
The meeting is open to the public, on a first-come, first-served basis until room capacity is reached.
- PHD to hold special meeting Nov. 12 in Friday Harbor
- Sharp: Don't put the cart before the horse with proposed EMS/Fire merger
- Dr. Geyman: Premature merger vote would be irresponsible
- Drath: Opposes hasty move by Schwinge, Edwards and Smith
- UPDATE: Fire won't sign ILA unless ALL PHD commissioners agree on it
- PHD Board continues rush to adopt contract, will meet Oct. 21 and 23
- Madsen: Urging PHD to slow down merger process
- PHD continues discussing EMS/Fire contract October 16
- Why are Smith, Edwards determined to turn San Juan EMS over to Fire in the next six weeks?
- EMS/Fire Dept draft contract tabled for at least a week
- Draft EMS/Fire contract put on hold
- Under proposed EMS/Fire contract: It's merger first, details later
- Highlights of CAG report on Fire and EMS integration
- Appears CAG is recommending SJ EMS integrate with San Juan Island Fire Dept
- SJ EMS Chief quits; recommends EMS join Fire Department