San Juan County Public Hospital District No. 1 will hold a special meeting at 2 p.m. Wednesday October 16, 2019 at the Frank Wilson Memorial EMS Building, 1079 Spring Street in Friday Harbor. The purpose of the meeting is to finish reviewing the proposed Interlocal Agreement between EMS and Fire (ongoing from the October 14 special meeting.
The board will also meet with Premera LifeWise Officials, and review SJIEMS and SJCPHD#1 Budgets.
Agendas found at: www.sjcphd.org/meeting/meeting-agendas
- PHD to hold special meeting Nov. 12 in Friday Harbor
- Sharp: Don't put the cart before the horse with proposed EMS/Fire merger
- Dr. Geyman: Premature merger vote would be irresponsible
- Drath: Opposes hasty move by Schwinge, Edwards and Smith
- UPDATE: Fire won't sign ILA unless ALL PHD commissioners agree on it
- PHD Board continues rush to adopt contract, will meet Oct. 21 and 23
- Madsen: Urging PHD to slow down merger process
- Why are Smith, Edwards determined to turn San Juan EMS over to Fire in the next six weeks?
- EMS/Fire Dept draft contract tabled for at least a week
- Draft EMS/Fire contract put on hold
- Under proposed EMS/Fire contract: It's merger first, details later
- Highlights of CAG report on Fire and EMS integration
- Appears CAG is recommending SJ EMS integrate with San Juan Island Fire Dept
- CAG's decison on SJ EMS and Fire Dept. consolidation recommendation to be announced April 2
- SJ EMS Chief quits; recommends EMS join Fire Department