San Juan County District Court Judge Carolyn Jewett has announced that she is running for re-election. She has served as District Court Judge since January of 2019.
“During my first term, I gained a lot of experience figuring out what ‘access to justice’ really means,” stated Judge Jewett. “The COVID-19 pandemic turned our judicial system on its head and forced us all to adapt. I have been honored to work side by side with our other county departments, as well as collaborating with judges across the state at all court levels, to ensure our community has meaningful access to the courts despite emergency conditions.”
District Court is the lower court in San Juan County, with jurisdiction over misdemeanor crimes, small claims, infractions, name change petitions, protection order petitions, and civil lawsuits under $100,000.
“Despite the challenges we still face, the pandemic has given courts opportunities for change and innovation statewide, and we want to keep that momentum going,” Judge Jewett continued. “It is critical that we keep working together to provide fair, impartial administration of the law. I look forward to continuing this work as your District Court Judge.”
For more information, email ReElectJewett@gmail.com.
- Statement from Rick Larsen on initial primary election returns
- Ramel declares victory in primary election
- Lopez school levy passes easily
- San Juan County Seeks Pro & Con Committee Members for Voter’s Guide Pamphlet Statements
- Election security a key issue in the WA secretary of state race
- People needed to serve on San Juan County Elections Disability Advisory Committee
- Kulseth running for re-election as San Juan County Assessor
- Thinking about running for office? Filing week is May 16-20
- Jane Fuller running for Lopez seat on San Juan County Council
- Peterson seeking 3rd term as San Juan County Treasurer
- Eric Peter is running to be San Juan County Sheriff
- San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs running for re-election
- San Juan County Clerk Lisa Henderson running for re-election
- San Juan County Prosecutor won't seek 8th term
- Amy Vira running to be San Juan County Prosecutor
- Warmenhoven is running for San Juan County Auditor
- Sheriff Krebs: Utmost confidence in SJ EMS leadership; Vote Yes for levy renewal