It's that time of year again - Election season - and rumors are spreading. Regarding the election for San Juan County Sheriff, some people are spreading misinformation saying Sgt. Eric Peter will fire deputies if he is elected.
Sgt. Peter says this is untrue. Think about it. It is very difficult for the Sheriff's Office to have a full staff. It's ludicrous to think any candidate would be planning to fire staff.
Another rumor, which turns out to be true involves Sheriff Ron Krebs inviting Nancy and Dave Honeywell and their grandchildren to go on the Sheriff's boat as it patrolled during the fireworks on the Fourth of July. The boat makes sure other boats don't get too close to the barge.
- San Juan Island Library thanks community, looks forward
- Eric Peter elected San Juan County Sheriff, voter turnout 76 percent
- Levies, charter amendments fail, Peter leading Krebs
- San Juan County Road levy on November ballot
- Charter amendments will appear on November ballot in San Juan County
- Lawsuit filed against San Juan County after 4 Charter Amendments blocked from ballot
- Eric Peter is running to be San Juan County Sheriff
- San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs running for re-election