Sgt. Eric Peter has been elected San Juan County Sheriff. He had 5,500 (53.08%) votes. Sheriff Ron Krebs received 4,829 (46.61%) votes.
The most recent update was released Thursday, November 10, 2022. The results remained the same. Both the Library levy and the Road fund levy were defeated, along with all four county charter amendments. The second charter amendment - amending language in the County Charter to provide clarification regarding budget provisions - gained almost a percentage point and ended up losing by one half of a percent. The levy for Lopez Solid Waste district passed easily.
Voter turnout was 76.49%. Number of registered voters in San Juan County is 14,635. Number of ballots counted 11,194 with about 50 remaining to count. The next updated count will be released Monday, November 14, 2022.
The winning results are highlighted in green.
SHERIFF: Name | votes |percentage
Sheriff Ron Krebs | 4,829 | 46.61%
Sgt. Eric Peter | 5,500 53.08%
SAN JUAN ISLAND LIBRARY
Yes | 2,177 | 41.33%
No | 3,090 | 58.67%
SAN JUAN COUNTY ROAD LEVY
Yes | 4,041 | 43.07%
No | 5,342 | 56.93%
LOPEZ SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL DISTRICT PROPOSITION NO 1 - Excess Property Tax Levy for 2023
Yes | 1,348 | 77.21%
No | 398 | 22.79%
FOUR CHARTER AMENDMENTS
1. Establishing a New Position of Public Advocate for the Purpose of Helping Citizens Navigate the San Juan County Systems.
REJECTED | 6,488 | 62.64%
APPROVED | 3,870 | 37.36%
2. Amending language in the County Charter to provide clarification regarding budget provisions for the Charter Review Commission (CRC), staff support requirements, and further resolution regarding the term length, procedures and duties of the CRC, and the role of the Prosecuting Attorney
REJECTED | 4,914 | 50.26%
APPROVED | 4,864 | 49.74%
3. Amending the current voting rules to include Ranked Choice Voting
REJECTED | 5,626 | 54.7%
APPROVED | 4,659 | 45.3%
4. Amending Signature Requirements Concerning Initiatives and Referendum
REJECTED | 6,709 | 65.65%
APPROVED | 3,511 | 34.3%
- San Juan Island Library thanks community, looks forward
- Levies, charter amendments fail, Peter leading Krebs
- San Juan County Road levy on November ballot
- Charter amendments will appear on November ballot in San Juan County
- Lawsuit filed against San Juan County after 4 Charter Amendments blocked from ballot
- Election facts: Sgt Peter is not planning on firing staff; Sheriff Krebs took citizens on boat
- Eric Peter is running to be San Juan County Sheriff
- San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs running for re-election