Message from John Kulseth, San Juan County Assessor: Our community is deeply saddened by the property loss and impact to lives and livelihoods from the fire on April 7th, 2022.
If your property was damaged by the fire, there may be property tax relief for the destroyed real and business personal property, prorated from the date of the fire to the end of this year.
Please use the Taxpayer’s Claim for Reduction of Assessments Resulting from Destroyed Real or Personal Property at this website:
Email, mail or drop off the completed and signed form at the Assessor’s Office. We will adjust the assessed value for the destruction and the Treasurer’s Office will process a refund or credit to the tax statement.
Owners have three years from the date of destruction to submit the claim.
We wish you the best in recovering from this disaster.
Submitted by John Kulseth, San Juan County Assessor, April 12, 2022
- Friday Harbor arson suspect charged in Federal Court
- Federal rather than state charges to be filed against suspected arsonist
- No date set yet for cleanup of fire debris
- Fire smoldered for hours before flaring (Probable cause statement posted)
- Bond set at $500K
- Hearing for alleged arsonist at 3 p.m. April 20
- Arson suspect to appear in court Wednesday; was on probation for 2021 DUI
- Update: Friday Harbor arson suspect arrested in Island County
- Arson cause of April 7 Friday Harbor fire; investigation by ATF and Sheriff for suspects continues
- April 14 and 15: EDC to offer Fire Recovery Sessions for Business Owners and Employees
- GoFundMe campaigns for businesses and employees affected by fire
- How to help Crows Nest rebuild
- ATF asking the public for help with its fire investigation
- Windermere's Gary Franklin reflects on April 7 fire
- 30 ATF agents investigating Friday Harbor fire
- Update Friday Harbor Fire: 6 structures involved; estimated $10 million in losses
- Statement from Sen. Liz Lovelett, Rep. Debra Lekanoff, and Rep. Alex Ramel on the fire in downtown Friday Harbor
- ATF to determine cause of Spring Street fire in Friday Harbor
- How to help burned out businesses - GoFundMe set up
- SLIDESHOW added: Several businesses destroyed in fire on Spring Street in Friday Harbor