February 1, 2024 – Has your ‘dream boat’ become a ‘nightmare?’ You might qualify to dispose your old boat in a FREE Vessel Turn-In event hosted by the San Juan County Derelict Vessel Program, San Juan County Marine Resources Committee, Port of Friday Harbor, Northwest Straits Commission, and Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The Vessel Turn-In Program (VTIP) is managed by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to help prevent boats from becoming derelict or abandoned and to keep pollution out of our marine habitats.
- Who Can Participate? Anyone who is a WA resident and has proof of ownership or the legal authority to dispose of the vessel can apply.
- When is the turn-in event? In early April of 2024, you will be notified of your specific date and time after you are pre-approved by the DNR Vessel Turn-In Program.
- Where do I turn-in my vessel? The turn-in location will be the Port of Friday Harbor. You will be notified of where to bring your vessel with specific instructions after you are pre-approved by the DNR Vessel Turn-In Program.
- REGISTER TODAY! Fill out the Vessel Turn-In application and get pre-approved BEFORE March 1st, 2024.
- Download the Vessel Turn-In Program (VTIP) application: www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/aqr_vtip_application_2023.pdf
- For more information, call 360-902-BOAT (2628) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org