Public Comment Period: April 29 – May 27, 2022
The San Juan County Conservation Land Bank is seeking public input on its recently completed Draft Stewardship and Management Plan (SMP) PDF for Turtleback Mountain Preserve on Orcas Island. The purpose of the SMP is to provide overarching goals and management objectives for the Preserve’s natural resources. An executive summary is posted here.
SMPs guide decision-making and work planning and promote transparency. For the 76 percent of Land Bank properties that are open to the public, SMPs also define the level of public access in ways that meet our mission to provide opportunities for low-intensity recreation. These plans are revised periodically in response to changing environmental and social conditions.
You can download a copy of the Draft Turtleback Mountain Preserve SMP from the Land Bank’s website.
Please submit your comments by May 27, 2022.
After the thirty-day comment period closes, Land Bank staff and commissioners will review comments and consider revision to the draft plan. An overview of comments will be provided at the June 17, 2022, commission meeting.
How to Submit Comments: Email Tanja Williamson at email@example.com or Mail: 350 Court Street No. 6 Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Questions? Email Tanja or call the Land Bank Office : 360-378-4402
- How orcas are a better version of us
- What should you do if you find a fawn?
- Salish Sea Science Prize awarded to Shoreline Restoration Scientist Tina Whitman
- To Bee or Not to Bee by Cynthia Brast-Bormann
- Positive change for the foxes at American Camp on San Juan Island
- San Juan County Climate and Sustainability Advisory Committee launched; tips for Earth Day
- May 7: Island Marble Butterfly Habitat Tour; Registration required
- What the humble clover means for the future of life in cities
- 96 land-use violations filed in the last 14 months in the San Juan Islands, 28 resolved
- San Juan Preservation Trust and Land Bank outbid on former Glenwood Inn property on Orcas Island
- March 8: County Council discusses proposed vacation rental cap
- Action by citizen group leads to permanent protection for 33-acres on San Juan Island
- Big change in the works for Friday Harbor skyline