After a brief standoff, Shaw Island resident Eric Kulp was taken into custody at 4:15 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2018 in the Marblemount area of Skagit County by the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office with the help of the Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office . Kulp, was arrested on a warrant for second-degree murder and was transported to the hospital for treatment of multiple self-inflicted stab wounds according to the Bellingham Herald.
San Juan County Sheriff's Office had issued an alert asking for anyone with information on Kulp's whereabouts to contact the Sheriff's Office. Kulp was married to Abigail Finney, whose body was found on the couple's Shaw Island property on April 5, 2018.
- Kulp sentenced to 190 months for murder second degree
- Bail set at $1.25 million for Kulp
- Kulp to appear in court May 18 to face charges of 2nd-degree murder
- Update: Charges of unlawful imprisonment drawn up against Kulp
- Prelim hearing for Kulp delayed due to hospitalization; Finney died in November 2017
- Person of interest in death investigation sought
- Fundraiser for final expenses for Abigail Finney