Update: San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs said Dwight Henline has been arrested around 5 p.m. April 16 in Island County. No more information available at this time.
San Juan County Sheriff’s Office obtained a warrant Friday, April 15 for the arrest of Dwight C. Henline in connection with the April 7 arson fires in downtown Friday Harbor. The fire destroyed historic buildings on San Juan Island and caused an estimated $10 million in damages.
On April 16, the Sheriff's Office was told Henline was at a residence in Langley. Deputies attempted to contact him but were unsuccessful. A search warrant was served on the residence for evidence of the arson and numerous articles were removed.
His whereabouts are currently unknown. He was last seen in the Langley area and may potentially be armed and dangerous. If you see him or know of his whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 and do not attempt to contact him.
According to his Facebook page, Henline moved to Friday Harbor 10 months ago on June 18, 2021.
- Friday Harbor arson suspect charged in Federal Court
- Federal rather than state charges to be filed against suspected arsonist
- No date set yet for cleanup of fire debris
- Fire smoldered for hours before flaring (Probable cause statement posted)
- Bond set at $500K
- Hearing for alleged arsonist at 3 p.m. April 20
- Arson suspect to appear in court Wednesday; was on probation for 2021 DUI
- Arson cause of April 7 Friday Harbor fire; investigation by ATF and Sheriff for suspects continues
- Fire property damage may qualify for Property Tax Relief
- GoFundMe campaigns for businesses and employees affected by fire
- How to help Crows Nest rebuild
- ATF asking the public for help with its fire investigation
- Windermere's Gary Franklin reflects on April 7 fire
- 30 ATF agents investigating Friday Harbor fire
- Update Friday Harbor Fire: 6 structures involved; estimated $10 million in losses
- Statement from Sen. Liz Lovelett, Rep. Debra Lekanoff, and Rep. Alex Ramel on the fire in downtown Friday Harbor
- ATF to determine cause of Spring Street fire in Friday Harbor
- How to help burned out businesses - GoFundMe set up
- SLIDESHOW added: Several businesses destroyed in fire on Spring Street in Friday Harbor