Did Santa give you a drone for Christmas or are you already a drone pilot? An informational meeting and discussion will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at the San Juan Island Library in Friday Harbor.
Topics will include:
• FAA registration requirements for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
• Responsible operation, FAA safety rules, and Know Before You Fly campaign
• National, state, and local restrictions
• Flying in the vicinity of marine mammals
• Recreational versus commercial flying
• Getting the most out of your UAS flying experience
For questions regarding the meeting, contact: Chris Teren (360-610-7539) or Tom Cogan (425-466-5300).
This event is not sponsored by the San Juan Island Library.