Ann Elizabeth Mahoney Pullman, born August 16, 1942 in Salinas, CA, died January 16, 2010 in Bellingham, Washington. Ann had lived in Friday Harbor, WA, for 20 years with her husband J. Wayne Pullman, son Michael and daughter Michelle (Shelley). She was born to Geraldine and John Mahoney, and was later joined by her brother John M. Mahoney.
She earned a B.S. in English from Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois, where she also taught English. Ann then earned her Pre-Med degree from Seattle University. She was working as a Respiratory Therapist in Orange County, CA, when she met her husband J. Wayne Pullman.
Ann and Wayne married July 4, 1974, in Los Angeles, CA. She owned and operated a dessert catering business in Beverly Hills, CA, for eight years, and a Gourmet Food Shop and Deli in Oja, CA, before moving to Friday Harbor in 1989. She was known for her creativity in cooking, basket weaving, crochet, origami, and soap making. Ann designed and created all her Christmas and other cards she sent out to people.
Her final years were difficult with suffering from a chronic lung disease called acute respiratory distress syndrome. Recently, she developed double pneumonia which contributed to her death.
Survivors include husband J. Wayne Pullman of Friday Harbor, WA; son Michael W. Pullman of Las Vegas, NV; daughter Michelle (Shelley) I. Pullman of Los Angeles, CA; stepson Craig S. Pullman (wife Linda) of Austin, TX, along with their son Tony and daughter Tina; stepson Patrick W. Pullman (wife Elle) of Dallas, TX; mother Geraldine K. Mahoney of Salinas, CA; and brother John M. Mahoney, also of Salinas, CA.
A viewing will be available Friday, January 22, from 5:00 p.m. at St. Francis Catholic Church in Friday Harbor. The Mass will be held Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Burial will be at the Protestant Cemetery at the Valley Church. Officiating the services will be Rev. Qui-Thac Nguyen of Sacred Heart Parish, Bellingham, WA.
- Spring Sprint Triathlon Registration Open
- JIM CAHAIL January 1, 1931-December 23, 2011
- WILMA G. BAILEY September 18, 1919-September 16, 2009
- DARLENE WAHL, 1961-2011
- Halloween is just around the corner!
- MICHAEL B. ROGER 1941-2011
- JAMES F. LANE III July 6, 1934 - October 19, 2011
- December Resurrection Salmon Derby offers $10K 1st Place Prize
- CHARLES LEE ROBERSON September 11, 2011
- San Juan fire crew heads east
- ALAN BENJAMIN VAINES February 2, 1931 - June 9, 2011
- TOM C. PEMBERTON November 10, 1931 to April 4, 2008
- W. A. Bill Brant
- Andi Williams