Next week we will start to pull all our holiday and entertaining materials to display. These items will be on display from late November through early January. It's the time of year when friends and family come to call. You will, of course, want to be prepared to entertain all those guests coming to your home to celebrate the holidays.
Your guests will want to eat, no doubt. Food is always a major component of any holiday. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, you’re going to need to fix something pretty fast.
Fortunately for you, the Library recently added a couple new cookbooks to help you add some pizzazz to your Thanksgiving meal.
- Thanksgiving: Recipes for a Holiday Meal by Lou Seibert Pappas
- All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art by Molly Stevens
After Thanksgiving the shopping begins - crowds of people, cheerful music, tinsel, bells and colorful decorations, smells of apples, cinnamon, and roasted nuts. It's festive, for sure. But, perhaps you'd rather make your own holiday gifts this year? If so, try these new titles.
- Gourmet Gifts: 100 Delicious Recipes for Every Occasion to Make Yourself and Wrap with Style by Dinah Corley
- Weekend Handmade: More than 40 Projects + Ideas for Inspired Crafting by Kelly Wilkinson
And finally, when your guests start eating, drinking, and celebrating merrily throughout your home, you'll want to ensure proper respect and behavior. Stop by the Library and pick up a copy of the completely updated edition of Emily Post's Etiquette and place it on your coffee table for guests to peruse.
While you're hustling and bustling around town picking up food, gifts, decorations, utensils, and small appliances, be sure to stop by the Library and check out a book to help you along the way.
San Juan Island Library www.sjlib.org
- Reading Resolutions SJI Library
- Great Opening Lines—Part II
- Arts Council board elected
- Art and Imagination
- The Importance of Arts to a Community
- Late Summer, Indian Summer, Who Cares
- Special collections highlighted
- Library busy with holiday happenings and more
- Survey Says...
- Recruiting for Reading Buddies Program
- Halloween is just around the corner!
- Friends are true friends of the Library
- Turning the pages into fall
- Films, stories, e-readers and more...
- What’s New @Your Library
- Celebrate Banned Books Week
- Don't Fix it, Read Something Else
- Buttons, Books and Best SRP
- Changes and additions
- It's time to stock up at the Annual Book Sale
- Art welcomed for Library Art exhibits
- Learn a Language @ Your Library
- Public libraries fill private needs
- First Charter Commission meeting January 7