I am writing in wholehearted support of Nick Power’s candidacy for Prosecuting Attorney. As a former union representative and advocate for San Juan Island County employees I have been in a unique position to observe the complicated workings of county employee relations and how the county prosecutor’s office can provide a needed, guiding hand when personnel disputes arise. Sadly, my experience shows this vital leadership has not been evident in the actions of the current county prosecutor.
Because labor unions cannot enforce employer compliance with state/federal law, I was always pleased when an employee retained Nick Power’s services. In cases where we coordinated union and legal representation, I found Nick a smart, tireless and effective advocate for the working men and women of San Juan County. Nick is one of those rare attorneys who showed he cared—by offering sympathy and support while diligently searching for creative, workable solutions.
Citizens of San Juan County would be well -served by a prosecuting attorney who puts the interests of justice and fairness before politics. Please vote for Nick Power.
Dean I. Tharp
- Nick Power: I know where the problems are in the county
- Gaylord running for 7th term as county Prosecutor
- Did Krebs and Gaylord lie to the county Council?
- Brennan: Vote No on Initiative 1639
- Ibold: A reluctant Yes for Homes
- Jensen: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Brandli would like to be the next District Court Judge
- Jewett's goal to be a judge may be in sight
- Weiss: Endorses Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Delay and Rands: Vote for Brandli for District Court
- Drath: Vote Yes for Homes
- Lange: Why I Support Randy Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- OPALCO supports WA I-1631
- Appel: Our Necessary Alliance
- Retired FBI agent endorses Asher for Sheriff
- Fouquette: How do I fairly navigate the Sheriff’s Guild endorsement?
- Brennan: I-1639 is Wasted Energy
- Brash: Vote Yes for Homes
- Rhoads: Vote Yes for Homes
- Graham: Vote Yes for Homes
- Wilding: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Kaiman: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Peter: Supports Krebs for Sheriff
- Sheriff's Guild endorses Krebs
- Brennan: Doesn't trust Sheriff Krebs
- OPALCO Supports Affordable Housing Solutions: Vote YES FOR HOMES
- Johns: Supported Krebs for sheriff in 2014, will not vote for him in 2018
- Strutz: Vote Yes for Homes
- Roberts: Vote Yes for Homes
- Ford: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Franciosi: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Murray: Affordable Housing - From A Senior Point of View
- Grout: Vote Yes for Homes
- Appleton: Commends Gaylord and Jewett
- Magee: Vote Yes for Homes referendum
- deGavre: Why I won't vote for Gaylord
- Zwilling: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Does the Brady letter matter?
- Moe: Three Reasons to Re-elect Randy Gaylord
- Six attorneys express support for Nick Powers
- Latsinova: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Olson: Businesses hurt by affordable housing shortage
- Milliken: Supports Asher for Sheriff
- Alderton: Our community needs safe and affordable homes
- Flanery: Supports Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- How much are the candidates spending and who is contributing?
- Pollard: Time to retire Gaylord
- Guest Column by Alex MacLeod: Gaylord ignored warnings about disgraced detective
- Stamper: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Dustrude: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Orcas Resource Center: Vote Yes for affordable housing REET
- Have questions about Affordable housing REET?
- Drozd: Supports Gaylord for prosecutor
- Lawrence: Vote yes for Affordable Housing REET
- Jung: Vote yes on Affordable Housing REET
- Barbour: Vote Yes on Housing REET
- Ever wonder how ballots are counted? Process may surprise you
- Kenimond: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Pederson: Supports Gaylord for PA