Ron Krebs is NOT the man he portrays himself to be. I believed and supported him during the last election telling people he was an honest man of integrity. He is NOT. And, hearing from others, I see a pattern of his deception that shows me he can not be trusted. He will say one thing and do something completely different without batting an eye.
I have known Ron since he moved here and became a deputy. He made me believe he was friend, a man with integrity and good intentions and someone who cared about people. It turns out that Ron is just another politician who smiles in your face and tells you what you want to hear and only wants to promote and serve himself. There have been several situations, on a variety of calls, where opportunities were presented for Ron to show some kind of concern or compassion for members of the Sheriff’s Department for what they had gone thru on the job and he did NOT…or even seem to realize he should.
My husband, Scott Brennan, is a retired 30 year veteran with the San Juan County Sheriff’s Department. He put his life on the line hundreds of times for the people of San Juan County and always thought of the community first, before himself.
We are a tight knit community and many of us have known each other for decades. Recently my husband and another deputy were the first responders on the brutal murder of a woman he had known for almost 30 years. Afterwards, Ron showed no concern for their emotional health and no awareness that this may have been a very traumatic call for them.
After three decades of service, my husband’s last day was celebrated with…..nothing. Ron showed no appreciation for his years of service and commitment to this community. He showed up in old jeans and a t-shirt, gave him a handshake and left. Later, in a conversation with a citizen, Ron said there were deputies that he had ‘moved on’ because they didn’t want to meet his expectations. He then felt compelled to say my husband was one of them, even though, by his own choice, Scott had already been honorably retired for three months.
My hope is that the voters will not be fooled into believing Ron is the man he portrays himself to be. He claims to be man of his word, but from what I know, first hand, of Ron’s words is that you can’t believe what’s coming out of his mouth while he’s smiling in your face.
Ron seems to be a man without any awareness, concern or compassion for the people who work closest to him. I doubt he can be trusted to have any for the community. The pattern I see in Ron is truly disturbing and he is not the person he portrays himself to be.
- Voter turnout 81.43 percent in San Juan County; Updated vote totals
- Election results: Krebs, Gaylord and Jewett win, affordable housing REET approved
- Grifo: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Gaydos: Supports Gaylord for county Prosecutor
- Ranker: Supports Jewett for District Court Judge
- Longan: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Storey: Supports Asher for Sheriff
- Editorial: A hesitant Yes For Homes
- Editorial: Brandli is the logical choice for District Court Judge
- Mock Election now open for all Washington K-12 students
- 44 Businesses and Organizations: We support Yes for Homes
- Evans and Brownell: Support Randy Gaylord
- Samish Indian Nation Chairman: Supports Initiative 1631
- Mager: Elect Steve Brandli
- Some ballots cast, others still on the way to voters' mailboxes
- Alexander: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Nick Power: I know where the problems are in the county
- Gaylord running for 7th term as county Prosecutor
- Did Krebs and Gaylord lie to the county Council?
- Brennan: Vote No on Initiative 1639
- Ibold: A reluctant Yes for Homes
- Jensen: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Jewett's goal to be a judge may be in sight
- Brandli would like to be the next District Court Judge
- Weiss: Endorses Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Delay and Rands: Vote for Brandli for District Court
- Drath: Vote Yes for Homes
- Lange: Why I Support Randy Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- OPALCO supports WA I-1631
- Appel: Our Necessary Alliance
- Retired FBI agent endorses Asher for Sheriff
- Fouquette: How do I fairly navigate the Sheriff’s Guild endorsement?
- Brennan: I-1639 is Wasted Energy
- Brash: Vote Yes for Homes
- Rhoads: Vote Yes for Homes
- Graham: Vote Yes for Homes
- Kaiman: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Peter: Supports Krebs for Sheriff
- Sheriff's Guild endorses Krebs
- Buchanan: Supports Krebs for Sheriff
- Wilding: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- OPALCO Supports Affordable Housing Solutions: Vote YES FOR HOMES
- Johns: Supported Krebs for sheriff in 2014, will not vote for him in 2018
- Strutz: Vote Yes for Homes
- Roberts: Vote Yes for Homes
- Ford: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Franciosi: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Murray: Affordable Housing - From A Senior Point of View
- Grout: Vote Yes for Homes
- Appleton: Commends Gaylord and Jewett
- deGavre: Why I won't vote for Gaylord
- Magee: Vote Yes for Homes referendum
- Zwilling: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Does the Brady letter matter?
- Moe: Three Reasons to Re-elect Randy Gaylord
- Six attorneys express support for Nick Powers
- Latsinova: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Olson: Businesses hurt by affordable housing shortage
- Milliken: Supports Asher for Sheriff
- Alderton: Our community needs safe and affordable homes
- Guest Column by Alex MacLeod: Gaylord ignored warnings about disgraced detective
- Flanery: Supports Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- How much are the candidates spending and who is contributing?
- Pollard: Time to retire Gaylord
- Stamper: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Dustrude: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Orcas Resource Center: Vote Yes for affordable housing REET
- Have questions about Affordable housing REET?
- Drozd: Supports Gaylord for prosecutor
- Lawrence: Vote yes for Affordable Housing REET
- Jung: Vote yes on Affordable Housing REET
- Barbour: Vote Yes on Housing REET
- Ever wonder how ballots are counted? Process may surprise you
- Kenimond: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Pederson: Supports Gaylord for PA
- Tharp: Support Nick Power for San Juan County Prosecutor