I’m endorsing re-electing Ron Krebs for San Juan County Sheriff. Let me tell you about this bloke!
As many of you know, I have been a whale watch captain for 17 years. Recently I started a non-profit, Orca Protection & Rescue, because I have become disenchanted with the whale watch industry and how it continues to grow, and how bad some operators operate around the whales.
Recently I met with Sheriff Krebs for some advice, he asked me about the Southern Resident Killer Whales, and it was clear that he knew nothing about them. About a month later we reconnected over lunch and he said to me, I had no idea Orca Killer Whales were so intelligent, and they are such advanced, matriarchal societies. He told me all kinds of other facts that he had learned. This man went out of his way to school himself about our local orcas and other whales! He now knows that the SRKW’s are declining and will most likely not bounce back -- although they have surprised us before. He wants to do something about it.
In addition, since he’s been the Sheriff, when I call the Sheriff’s dispatch/office to report when any kind of whale, or group of whales, are transiting inter-island, they are so wonderful to deal with, and accommodating when they can, about getting a patrol on the water or at least contacting the USCG. They really care.
Ron Krebs, “The Sheriff That Cares About Whales,” is my, and Orca Protection & Rescue’s, choice for Sheriff. Thank you Sheriff for caring and having a square head on your shoulders.
Please vote for Ron Krebs, for us humans and the whales!
Captain Hobbes Buchanan
- Storey: Supports Asher for Sheriff
- Did Krebs and Gaylord lie to the county Council?
- Retired FBI agent endorses Asher for Sheriff
- Fouquette: How do I fairly navigate the Sheriff’s Guild endorsement?
- Peter: Supports Krebs for Sheriff
- Sheriff's Guild endorses Krebs
- Johns: Supported Krebs for sheriff in 2014, will not vote for him in 2018
- Brennan: Doesn't trust Sheriff Krebs
- deGavre: Why I won't vote for Gaylord
- Milliken: Supports Asher for Sheriff