I am Lukas Peter and I am writing to endorse Ron Krebs for Sheriff. I have 8 years of law enforcement experience with the last 5.5 years in San Juan County. I spent my first 4.5 years as a patrol deputy on Lopez Island, and the last year as a detective. I’m very blessed to live and work in this county.
Ron was one of my training officers when I first started. He impressed on me the value of honesty, integrity, and treating all citizens with respect. He impressed on me that everyone, from a homeless man encountered at the Port of Friday Harbor, to a speeding tourist, to a wealthy business owner reporting a crime were due my courteous and full attention.
When I was selected to become a detective, Ron impressed on me the value of operating at all times in a manner that is above reproach.
Since his election, Ron has strived to do what is best for our department and by extension, the community. Equipment has improved with new patrol vehicles and patrol computers. Deputies are offered training opportunities across the state to learn the skills to address problems in our community. Morale in the department is great in part because Ron has recognized “A happy employee is a productive employee”. He has also appointed a very talented, dedicated, and approachable command staff.
Ron is a listener. I’ve seen countless times where citizens have come to the office saying “I want to talk to Ron!” He makes time for them as his schedule allows and hears their concerns. Many times, Ron has travelled to Orcas, Lopez, and Shaw to attend community meetings where citizens voice their concerns over issues such as drugs and domestic violence. He listens to his employees too. I can attest, my fellow deputies and I shared our ideas for combating the drug problem in the community. Ron listened to what we had to say, and has made requests of the council for a narcotics detection dog and another narcotics detective position.
Ron is a leader who leads from the front. He may not wear a uniform every day, but he will not ask his employees to do anything he has not done nor continues to do. I’ve personally worked with him on several difficult scenes involving death and carnage. He’s not afraid to get dirty and work a scene just like every other deputy. Ron has stepped up during staffing crunches when deputies have been sick or on vacation and worked in a patrol capacity, responding to calls and stopping cars in addition to his administrative duties. Just in the last month, Ron piloted a patrol boat to Lopez Island at 3 AM to help us transport a prisoner to jail.
Ron is just the kind of honest, talented, and community oriented law enforcement leader that we need. Vote for Ron!
- Alexander: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Nick Power: I know where the problems are in the county
- Gaylord running for 7th term as county Prosecutor
- Did Krebs and Gaylord lie to the county Council?
- Brennan: Vote No on Initiative 1639
- Ibold: A reluctant Yes for Homes
- Jensen: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Brandli would like to be the next District Court Judge
- Jewett's goal to be a judge may be in sight
- Weiss: Endorses Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Delay and Rands: Vote for Brandli for District Court
- Drath: Vote Yes for Homes
- Lange: Why I Support Randy Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- OPALCO supports WA I-1631
- Appel: Our Necessary Alliance
- Retired FBI agent endorses Asher for Sheriff
- Fouquette: How do I fairly navigate the Sheriff’s Guild endorsement?
- Brennan: I-1639 is Wasted Energy
- Brash: Vote Yes for Homes
- Rhoads: Vote Yes for Homes
- Graham: Vote Yes for Homes
- Wilding: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Kaiman: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Sheriff's Guild endorses Krebs
- Buchanan: Supports Krebs for Sheriff
- Brennan: Doesn't trust Sheriff Krebs
- OPALCO Supports Affordable Housing Solutions: Vote YES FOR HOMES
- Johns: Supported Krebs for sheriff in 2014, will not vote for him in 2018
- Strutz: Vote Yes for Homes
- Roberts: Vote Yes for Homes
- Ford: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Franciosi: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Murray: Affordable Housing - From A Senior Point of View
- Grout: Vote Yes for Homes
- Appleton: Commends Gaylord and Jewett
- Magee: Vote Yes for Homes referendum
- deGavre: Why I won't vote for Gaylord
- Zwilling: Supports Brandli for District Court Judge
- Does the Brady letter matter?
- Moe: Three Reasons to Re-elect Randy Gaylord
- Six attorneys express support for Nick Powers
- Latsinova: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Olson: Businesses hurt by affordable housing shortage
- Milliken: Supports Asher for Sheriff
- Alderton: Our community needs safe and affordable homes
- Flanery: Supports Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- How much are the candidates spending and who is contributing?
- Pollard: Time to retire Gaylord
- Guest Column by Alex MacLeod: Gaylord ignored warnings about disgraced detective
- Stamper: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Dustrude: Supports Gaylord for Prosecuting Attorney
- Orcas Resource Center: Vote Yes for affordable housing REET
- Have questions about Affordable housing REET?
- Drozd: Supports Gaylord for prosecutor
- Lawrence: Vote yes for Affordable Housing REET
- Jung: Vote yes on Affordable Housing REET
- Barbour: Vote Yes on Housing REET
- Ever wonder how ballots are counted? Process may surprise you
- Kenimond: Supports Nick Power for Prosecuting Attorney
- Pederson: Supports Gaylord for PA
- Tharp: Support Nick Power for San Juan County Prosecutor