It is disturbing to me that three public hospital district commissioners on San Juan Island hope to effect change in the combining of our EMS organization and our fire district. All three are soon to end their tenures. This seems a hasty way to leave their posts as commissioners.
We have a Citizens’ Advisory Group which has recommended more time to complete its work
. We will soon have four new hospital district commissioners. Along with current commissioner, Anna Lisa Lindstrum, they are the people who should address the proposal and proceed with our community’s future on this matter, along with the existing advisory group and the fire district. I am thankful for Bob Jarman’s letter in support of the need for total agreement of the hospital commissioners on this important decision.
- PHD to hold special meeting Nov. 12 in Friday Harbor
- Sharp: Don't put the cart before the horse with proposed EMS/Fire merger
- Dr. Geyman: Premature merger vote would be irresponsible
- UPDATE: Fire won't sign ILA unless ALL PHD commissioners agree on it
- PHD Board continues rush to adopt contract, will meet Oct. 21 and 23
- Madsen: Urging PHD to slow down merger process
- PHD continues discussing EMS/Fire contract October 16
- Why are Smith, Edwards determined to turn San Juan EMS over to Fire in the next six weeks?
- EMS/Fire Dept draft contract tabled for at least a week
- Draft EMS/Fire contract put on hold
- Under proposed EMS/Fire contract: It's merger first, details later
- Highlights of CAG report on Fire and EMS integration
- Appears CAG is recommending SJ EMS integrate with San Juan Island Fire Dept
- CAG's decison on SJ EMS and Fire Dept. consolidation recommendation to be announced April 2
- SJ EMS Chief quits; recommends EMS join Fire Department