Now that it's March, more and more people are starting to come to the library with questions about filing taxes and obtaining tax forms. San Juan Island Library staff cannot provide tax advice or interpret tax instructions; however, staff can help you download forms from the Internet and show you to our collection of reference and circulating books and other resources that can help with tax preparation assistance.
One of our most popular questions is whether or not we carry IRS tax forms. The answer is "yes", the Library provides copies of some of the most frequently used forms. They’re very popular and we do run out of forms periodically. Beth has already reordered forms for us a couple times this year.
The Library also carries IRS Reproducible Tax Forms for photocopying. IRS forms and publications are available online at http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html. Print and copy fees are .10 cents/page.
Every year we update certain tax related publications, such as the J.K. Lasser series. The Library has a variety of books available. Here are some of our most recent additions:
1. J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes, 2012
2. J.K. Lasser’s Your Income Tax, 2012
3. Deduct it!: Lower Your Small Business Taxes by Stephen Fishman, c2012
4. 475 Tax Deductions for Businesses and Self-employed Individuals by Bernard Kamoroff, c2011
5. Small Business Taxes Made Easy, 2nd ed. By Eva Rosenberg, c2011
6. Tax Savvy for Small Business by Frederick W. Daily, c2011
7. Working for Yourself; Law and Taxes for Independent Contractors, Freelancers and Consultants by Stephen Fishman, c2011
8. Every Landlord’s Tax Deduction Guide by Stephen Fishman, c2011
San Juan Island Library www.sjlib.org