Friday Harbor boys soccer wrapped up their 2021 season with a fourth-place finish at the Class 1B/2B State Championship Tournament in Sumner. Crosspoint won the consolation game 2-0 over Friday Harbor and finished in third-place.
This was the Wolverines (11-5) seventh state tournament and their third final-four appearance. They finished third in Class 2B in 2014-15 and were fourth in Class 1A in 2003-04.
Friday Harbor senior Levi Buchanan holds the 4th-place trophy the Wolverines won at the State Championships.
Fifth-seeded Friday Harbor earned a state tourney berth with a 5-4 win over Auburn Adventist (7-6) on Nov. 1 in a District 1/2 Tournament loser-out contest. The Wolverines played Prescott (9-4) to a 2-2 tie after regulation and two overtime periods in a Nov. 12 quarterfinal but blanked the Eagles 3-0 in the shootout. In the semi-final game in Sumner on Friday, November 19, Orcas Island Vikings beat Friday Harbor 2-0.
In the regular season, the Wolverines and Vikings split their Northwest 2B League meetings. Orcas shut out Friday Harbor 1-0 at home on Sept. 14 and one month later the Wolverines trimmed the visiting Vikings 2-1.
- SLIDESHOW: Orcas Island soccer team follows winning script to 1st state championship
- SLIDESHOW ADDED - VIKINGS are STATE CHAMPS!!!!
- Orcas Vikings beat Friday Harbor Wolverines 2-0 at state; play for Championship at 5 p.m. Saturday
- SLIDESHOW: Friday Harbor, Orcas Island soccer teams in historic state final-four match
- Friday Harbor boys top Prescott in shootout, advance to state semifinal against Orcas Island