Spring Sprint Triathlon Registration Open
Registration for the third annual Spring Sprint Triathlon at San Juan Island Fitness is open. Race day is Saturday, April 14 with first wave start at 10:00 a.m.
Triathlons are a multi-sport event including swimming, biking and running, in that order. This triathlon includes a 500 yard swim, 13 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. In the triathlon world, this is considered a sprint distance.
"This is a very laid back event, great for the first-timer or the veteran looking to compete after a long winter of training. The swim is in our pool, the ride goes out to Eagle Cove and the run is around the airport," according to Paul Hopkins, Race Director and owner of San Juan Island Fitness. "The best part is the burrito bar at the end of the event."
For more information and to register, stop by San Juan Island Fitness or call 378-4449.
- All Hat
- Halloween is just around the corner!
- San Juan fire crew heads east
- WILMA G. BAILEY September 18, 1919-September 16, 2009
- DARLENE WAHL, 1961-2011
- JAMES F. LANE III July 6, 1934 - October 19, 2011
- MICHAEL B. ROGER 1941-2011
- CHARLES LEE ROBERSON September 11, 2011
- December Resurrection Salmon Derby offers $10K 1st Place Prize
- Galt posts 3 TDs in Friday Harbor win
- TOM C. PEMBERTON November 10, 1931 to April 4, 2008
- JIM CAHAIL January 1, 1931-December 23, 2011
- ANN ELIZABETH MAHONEY PULLMAN August 16, 1942 - January 16, 2010
- Andi Williams
- ALAN BENJAMIN VAINES February 2, 1931 - June 9, 2011
- W. A. Bill Brant