Registration for the third annual Spring Sprint Triathlon at San Juan Island Fitness is open. Race day is Saturday, April 14 with first wave start at 10:00 a.m.
Triathlons are a multi-sport event including swimming, biking and running, in that order. This triathlon includes a 500 yard swim, 13 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. In the triathlon world, this is considered a sprint distance.
"This is a very laid back event, great for the first-timer or the veteran looking to compete after a long winter of training. The swim is in our pool, the ride goes out to Eagle Cove and the run is around the airport," according to Paul Hopkins, Race Director and owner of San Juan Island Fitness. "The best part is the burrito bar at the end of the event."
For more information and to register, stop by San Juan Island Fitness or call 378-4449.
- JIM CAHAIL January 1, 1931-December 23, 2011
- WILMA G. BAILEY September 18, 1919-September 16, 2009
- DARLENE WAHL, 1961-2011
- Halloween is just around the corner!
- MICHAEL B. ROGER 1941-2011
- JAMES F. LANE III July 6, 1934 - October 19, 2011
- December Resurrection Salmon Derby offers $10K 1st Place Prize
- Galt posts 3 TDs in Friday Harbor win
- CHARLES LEE ROBERSON September 11, 2011
- All Hat
- San Juan fire crew heads east
- ALAN BENJAMIN VAINES February 2, 1931 - June 9, 2011
- ANN ELIZABETH MAHONEY PULLMAN August 16, 1942 - January 16, 2010
- TOM C. PEMBERTON November 10, 1931 to April 4, 2008
- W. A. Bill Brant
- Andi Williams