Friday Harbor High School's fall teams are approaching the playoff portion of their seasons and after Friday’s and Saturday’s games we have better picture of each team’s playoff opportunities.
Below is information on the playoff opportunities for each sport. While the avenue and the structure of each post season opportunity varies depending upon the sport, each team will be playing for the right to advance on to the state level of the playoffs.
• Boys Tennis – Although few in numbers, our boys tennis team still participated in the 1A/2B/1B District tennis tournament at Amy Yee tennis center on Friday, October 24, 2014. We sent 1 singles player and 1 doubles team. Unfortunately each lost in a first round loser out game.
• Girls Volleyball – 5 2B teams will play on Thursday, October 30th in our District tournament being held at Mount Vernon Christian High School. Friday Harbor could enter as the # 2 or the #3 seed. They will play Darrington in a first round game at 1:30 pm. Three teams from this double elimination tournament will move on to the Bi-District Tournament which begins on Saturday, November 1, at sites to be determined. Both the District bracket and the Bi-District bracket are posted at www.1a2bathetics.com . Use the volleyball tab to access the playoff information.
Friday Harbor seniors celebrate clinching the Northwest 2B-1B League Girls Soccer Title after the Wolverines blanking Orcas Island 5-0 Saturday, Oct. 25. The seniors -- muddy from sliding in the soggy pitch after their final home match -- are, from left: Team manager Wilsey Brumsickle, Arianna Bonaccini, Courtney Bell, Libby Anderson, Sophie Marinkovich, Kaitlyn Domenech, Samantha Hopkins, Roni Hanson, Genieve Gislason and Sydney Wilson. Photo by Matt Pranger
• Girls Soccer – Our Girls soccer team are the 2014 NW 2B/1B League Champions and will enter the Bi-District tournament as the NW#1 seed. They will host a first round loser out playoff game on Wednesday, November 5, against the District 2 #2 seed. This game will be played at Mount Vernon High School and is scheduled for a 2:00pm start. With a win, the girls would secure an entry into the State tournament, and would play again on Saturday, November 8 to determine seeding into the state tournament. For more information including tournament brackets, visit www.1a2bathetics.com Use the girls soccer tab to access the playoff information.
• Football – Our Football team’s playoff picture is still being determined. With a win vs La Conner on Friday, October 31, the team would secure the District 1 #2 seed into the state playoffs which begin November 14/15 at a site to be determined. Win or lose at La Conner, the team still has one non-league home game vs Bellingham on November 6. For more information including tournament brackets, visit www.1a2bathetics.com Use the football tab to access the playoff information.
• Boys Soccer – Our Boys soccer team is currently in 3rd place in the NW 2B/1B soccer league, and will enter the Tri-District tournament as the District 1 #3 seed. They will play at the District 2 #2 site on Saturday, November 1. Win or lose the team will play again on November 5. For more information including tournament brackets, visit www.1a2bathetics.com Use the Boys soccer tab to access the playoff information.