Friday Harbor High School Wolverines beat the Coupeville Wolves 17-0 Friday, September 14, 2018. The football game was scoreless until about 1 minute before the half when Wolverine #84 Milo Geiser kicked a field goal.
Wolverines #84 Milo Geiser kicked a field goal putting the first 3 points on the scoreboard. John Stimpson photo
For most of the first half, both teams were scoreless as they traded the ball back and forth in center field.
The Friday Harbor offensive line provided great protection for the QB and running backs. John Stimpson photo
Friday Harbor defense was relentless in stopping the Coupeville Wolves. Here #55 Austin Wynn tackles the running back in the backfield for a loss of yards. John Stimpson photo
#41 Emeron Geiser provides blocking protection for #22 Kyson Jackson. John Stimpson photo
Rain forced the teams to focus on their running games.
At the start of the second half, Wolverine #41 Emeron ran up the middle from the 17 yard line and scored a touchdown. The point after attempt was unsuccessful resulting in a score of 9-0.
Late in the fourth quarter #41 Emeron Geiser burst through to score his second touchdown against the Wolves. John Stimpson photo
Late in the third quarter with 3:57 left to play the game was halted because of a lightning strike in the distance. After about a 25-minute delay, play was resumed.
In the fourth quarter Friday Harbor scored its second touchdown with #41 Emeron Geiser bolting through the line. An attempt for a two-point conversion was unsuccessful.
The Wolves gave the Wolverines a safety bringing the FH score to 17.
Wolverine #22 Kyson Jackson spirints up the middle for a big gain in yards. John Stimpson photo
- Friday Harbor Wolverine Football 2018 season - scores, photos, articles
- Wolverines swamp Braves 46-0; meet Concrete Tuesday in playoff - PHOTOS ADDED
- Wolverine Fall Playoff Update
- Friday Harbor conquers Concrete in homecoming contest - SLIDESHOW POSTED - game, parade, pep rally
- Concrete beat Friday Harbor 27-20
- Friday Harbor Wolverines Open League Play Against Concrete Friday Night
- Friday Harbor HS Wolverines play Coupeville Wolves Sept. 14, listen on fhTinyRadio.com
- Friday Harbor wins home football opener