Kalama ousted Friday Harbor 62-43 in a 2019 Class 2B State Regional contest Saturday, Feb. 23 at Tumwater High School. The Wolverines (15-8) finish their season among Class 2B’s top 16. The Chinooks (15-9) advance to final-12 Hardwood Classic action in Spokane Feb. 27 to March 2.
Marshall Clark for two points. John Stimpson photo
The Chinooks, who finished tied for third in the District 4 Tournament, went up 28-22 over the Wolverines at the half and increased their lead to 13 points in the third quarter. Friday Harbor, the Tri-District champion, cut that margin to six points mid-way in the final period, but Kalama stemmed the rally by canning a couple three-pointers.
Kyle Mapstead scores the first two points of the game. John Stimpson photo
Chase Wilson shoots a three from the corner. John Stimpson photo
Friday Harbor senior Marshal Clark slammed down a pair of dunks and led all scorers with 18. The Wolverines’ other scorers were: senior Kyle Mapstead 8, junior Ethan Germain 5, senior Chase Wilson 4, senior Lucas Chevalier 3, junior Gavin Mason 2, junior Teagan August 2 and sophomore Kyson Jackson 1.
Senior Max Ross paced the Chinooks with 14. Senior Alex Dyer and freshman Jackson Esary pitched in 12 apiece.
Kalama next faces Toutle Lake (16-8) on Feb. 27 in the Spokane Arena.
Gavin Mason drives toward the basket. John Stimpson photo
Teagan"Big Mac" August secures a rebound. John Stimpson photo
Kyson Jackson and Kyle Mapstead apply defensive pressure. John Stimpson photo
Marshall Clark blocks an attempted shot. John Stimpson photo
Lucas Chevalier brings the ball down court. John Stimpson photo
Marshall Clark slam dunks amidst several defenders. John Stimpson photo
Cheer Squad keeps spirits high. John Stimpson photo
- State regional hoops: Friday Harbor boys to play Kalama at Tumwater Feb. 23
- Friday Harbor Wolverine Boys Basketball 2018/2019 season - scores, photos, articles
- PHOTOS ADDED: Wolverine boys edge Saints in OT, secure state berth and Tri-District title
- SLIDESHOW ADDED: Friday Harbor boys top Darrington, advance to Tri-District Championship Saturday
- Wolverines beat Viking boys 70-38
- Friday Harbor boys beat Darrington 62-48
- Friday Harbor Wolverine boys beat Mount Vernon 69-47
- Friday Harbor boys crush Concrete 67-28
- Wolverine boys basketball plays in Crush the Slush tourney
- Friday Harbor boys basketball team beats Orcas 70-44
- Friday Harbor Wolverines beat La Conner Braves 65-46
- Wolverine boys beat Sultan 73-54
- Friday Harbor boys beat Coupeville 60-38
- Friday Harbor teams fall on first day of Tip-Off Classic
- Blaine HS beats Friday Harbor HS boys basketball team