Friday Harbor dominated Concrete 12-0 and 17-0 in a fastpitch softball doubleheader Friday, April 26 at Linde Fields. With the pair of five-inning shutouts, the Wolverines improve to 6-0 in Northwest 2B/1B League action and 9-2 overall.
Olivia Germain smacked a pair of inside-the-park homers in the Wolverines’ nine-run third inning in the second game. Germain also whacked a double in the first inning. She finished 3-for-3, had 10 total bases and drove in four runs.
Leadoff batter Bristol Halverson started the Wolverine scoring barrage in the bottom of the first inning by homering over the left field fence. She also singled and had two RBI. Elisabeth Perkins connected for an inside-the-park homer, a base hit and drove in two runs. Olivia Brown singled twice and had 3 RBI.
Grace Pauls notched the victory. She struck out five, walked none and gave up two hits in three innings. Raylee Miniken allowed no hits, fanned three and walked three in two innings of relief.
Siri Lindstrum earned the win in the first game. She struck out six, allowed three hits and walked one in three innings. Marcella Kirkland preserved the shutout by fanning nine and waling only one over two innings.
Darcy Ayers rapped two singles and scored three times for the Wolverines in the second victory. Liz Cruz ripped a double and drove in a run. Thea Seitz, Bailee Lambright and Fallon Taylor each singled and had an RBI.
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor finishes among top-eight fastpitch teams, wins 20 games
- Friday Harbor comes back late; remains alive in fastpitch state tourney
- Friday Harbor Rally falls short in state fastpitch opener
- Friday Harbor fastpitch beats La Conner 20-2
- Friday Harbor fastpitch team overpowers Orcas Island, completes league play unbeaten
- Wolverines win fastpitch game by forfeit
- Friday Harbor takes fastpitch twin bill from Darrington
- Friday Harbor sweeps fastpitch doubleheader at La Conner, captures league crown
- Friday Harbor surges past Orcas Island
- Wolverine fastpitch team tops Loggers
- Friday Harbor blasts Ferndale in fastpitch
- Mounties fastpitch squad beats Wolverines twice
- Friday Harbor fastpitch squad clobbers Mariner
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories