Friday Harbor’s Ava Hoffman, Siri Lindstrum, Jayna Ott, Grace Pauls and Thea Seitz shined in their final fastpitch softball games on their home field Friday, May 4: The seniors and their Wolverine teammates topped Darrington 10-0 and 13-3.
Seitz crushed two grand slams over the fence in the same inning of a 23-6 victory at Darrington April 16. The power-hitting centerfielder was limited to an RBI in the first game but used her speed to again clear the bases twice against the Loggers in the second contest. With Darrington up 3-2 in the third inning of the second game, Seitz drove the ball to the centerfield fence and stretched an assured triple into her first inside-the-park home run of the game. The Wolverines added two more runs in the frame and another in the top of the fourth before Seitz hammered the ball down the left-field line and zipped around the bases once more.
Pauls threw a three-hit shutout in the five-inning first contest. She struck out six and walked none.
Lindstrum earned the victory in the six-inning second game. Over four and two-thirds innings, she struck out six, only walked two, allowed five hits and gave up two earned runs.
Hoffman continued her dominate play behind the plate. In the first game she hit two singles and scored twice. She rapped a base hit and again scored twice in the second outing.
First baseman Ott, also stellar defensively, singled and scored in the in the first game and scored after working a walk in the second game.
Junior Bailee Lambright plated four runs on a triple and a sacrifice in the second contest. Junior Liz Cruz singled, doubled and drove in three runs. Sophomore Bristol Halverson singled, tripled and had two RBI. Junior Soma Andrews and sophomore Darcy Ayers and each smacked base hits. Sophomore Raylee Miniken didn’t give up a hit or walk while closing the game for the Wolverines.
Halverson singled, tripled and drove in two runs in the first game. Freshman Ellee Perkins doubled and scored twice. Cruz and Andrews each singled and had two RBI. Sophomore Fallon Taylor worked two walks and scored twice.
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor finishes among top-eight fastpitch teams, wins 20 games
- Friday Harbor comes back late; remains alive in fastpitch state tourney
- Friday Harbor Rally falls short in state fastpitch opener
- Friday Harbor fastpitch team overpowers Orcas Island, completes league play unbeaten
- Friday Harbor sweeps fastpitch doubleheader at La Conner, captures league crown
- Wolverines win fastpitch game by forfeit
- Wolverine fastpitch squad twice shuts out Lions
- Friday Harbor surges past Orcas Island
- Wolverine fastpitch team tops Loggers
- Friday Harbor fastpitch beats La Conner 20-2
- Friday Harbor blasts Ferndale in fastpitch
- Mounties fastpitch squad beats Wolverines twice
- Friday Harbor fastpitch squad clobbers Mariner
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories