Friday Harbor blanked Concrete 10-0 in six innings Saturday, May 11 to win the 2019 Class 2B Bi-District Baseball Championship. The Wolverines (14-2) advance to the state tourney as the top seed from Districts 1 and 2. They are slated to next play at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 18 at Yelm High School against Wahkiakum (13-8), the No. 5 team from District 4.
“The guys played great defense, had two or three double plays, and played great small ball,” said Friday Harbor head coach Rich Warin of the Wolverines’ fourth win over the Lions this season.
“The zero runs for Concrete is a great indicator of our defense,” said assistant coach Steve Schramm. “We also had great run-manufacturing.”
Senior Yadir Plaza fanned six and allowed only three hits in recording the victory. Senior Lucas Chevalier singled, doubled and drove in two runs. Junior Gavin Mason cracked a double and had two RBI. Junior Gavin Flaum smacked a base hit and plated three runs.
Concrete (7-9) moves to the consolation final against the Seattle Lutheran (12-5) or Crosspoint (12-5). The winner secures the Bi-District’s second and final state berth.
- Friday Harbor baseball wins 5-3
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor shuts out Crosspoint, advances to Bi-District Baseball Championship
- Combining hard work and “fun” fuels Friday Harbor baseball dynasty
- Friday Harbor hosts Crosspoint Thursday in Bi-District baseball playoff
- Friday Harbor clobbers Concrete, secures league baseball title
- SLIDESHOW ADDED: Wolverine baseball team twice lop Loggers in league finales
- Friday Harbor sweeps Lions in baseball DH, clinches share of league title
- Wolverines conquer Vikings on baseball diamond
- Friday Harbor blanks Darrington in baseball
- Friday Harbor sweeps Orcas in baseball DH
- Trojans defeat Wolverine baseball squad
- Friday Harbor blanks Sultan in baseball
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories