Friday Harbor High School baseball team beat Wahkiakum 5-3 in the first round of the state tourney. The other team had the bases loaded and scored one run in the final inning before the Wolverines pulled off the win at the state tourney game in Yelm. They will play Rainier next after a 45-minute break. Rainier beat Adna 8-7.
Friday Harbor catcher Gavin Flaum and third baseman Gavin Mason celebrate the Wolverines' 5-3 state playoff victory over Wahkikum Saturday, May 18 in Yelm. Matt Pranger photo
The Wolverines (14-2) advanced to the state tourney as the top seed from Districts 1 and 2. They are playing play at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 18 at Yelm High School against Wahkiakum (13-8), the No. 5 team from District 4.
- Friday Harbor blanks Concrete for Bi-District title, earns trip to state
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor shuts out Crosspoint, advances to Bi-District Baseball Championship
- Combining hard work and “fun” fuels Friday Harbor baseball dynasty
- Friday Harbor hosts Crosspoint Thursday in Bi-District baseball playoff
- SLIDESHOW ADDED: Wolverine baseball team twice lop Loggers in league finales
- Friday Harbor clobbers Concrete, secures league baseball title
- Friday Harbor sweeps Lions in baseball DH, clinches share of league title
- Wolverines conquer Vikings on baseball diamond
- Friday Harbor blanks Darrington in baseball
- Friday Harbor sweeps Orcas in baseball DH
- Trojans defeat Wolverine baseball squad
- Friday Harbor blanks Sultan in baseball
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories