Friday Harbor’s rally against Liberty fell short in a 11-7 loss to Liberty in the first round of the Class 2B State Fastpitch Tournament Saturday, May 24 in Yakima. The Wolverines next play Dayton-Waitsburg at 3 p.m. in a loser-out consolation contest.
Liberty scored seven runs in the fourth inning to build an 8-1 lead in the first-round game. The Wolverines cut the lead to 9-7 in the bottom of the sixth but the Lancers added two more runs in the seventh.
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor finishes among top-eight fastpitch teams, wins 20 games
- Friday Harbor comes back late; remains alive in fastpitch state tourney
- Friday Harbor fastpitch team overpowers Orcas Island, completes league play unbeaten
- Friday Harbor sweeps fastpitch doubleheader at La Conner, captures league crown
- Friday Harbor takes fastpitch twin bill from Darrington
- Wolverines win fastpitch game by forfeit
- Wolverine fastpitch squad twice shuts out Lions
- Friday Harbor surges past Orcas Island
- Wolverine fastpitch team tops Loggers
- Friday Harbor fastpitch beats La Conner 20-2
- Friday Harbor blasts Ferndale in fastpitch
- Mounties fastpitch squad beats Wolverines twice
- Friday Harbor fastpitch squad clobbers Mariner
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories