Friday Harbor soccer boys soccer team, with a bi-district championship shootout win over Orcas Island, earned the top seed to the Class 1B/2B State Tournament. The Vikings are slotted as the No. 3 seed.
Islands’ soccer fans will be treated to a double-bill Friday, Nov. 11 at Sedro-Woolley High School: The Wolverines (12-2) face eighth-seed Puget Sound Adventist (8-3) at noon and the Vikings (14-2) will meet sixth-seed Evergreen Lutheran (8-3-1) at 2 p.m.
The winners advance to the state semifinals Nov. 18 at Renton Memorial Stadium.
- Mother, son contributed in both of Friday Harbor’s state championships
- SLIDESHOW: Friday Harbor boys soccer team buoyantly returns as state champions
- Friday Harbor soccer team trims Orcas, wins school’s 1st state championship in 30-plus years
- Wolverines soccer team brings home the State Championship Trophy
- FRIDAY HARBOR boys soccer are STATE CHAMPS
- Wolverines slay Dragons in shootout; Friday Harbor and Orcas Island boys to battle for soccer state crown
- Slideshow: Orcas Soccer beats MVC: Next up State Championship title match
- Friday Harbor, Orcas Island each a win away from state soccer title showdown
- Slideshow: Orcas boys soccer beats Evergreen Lutheran Nov. 11
- SLIDESHOW: Friday Harbor and Orcas soccer teams both advance to the state semifinals Nov. 18
- Friday Harbor trims Orcas in shootout, takes district championship