San Juan County Department of Emergency Management is hosting a one-day no-cost training on continuity and emergency planning for small businesses from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 31 in Friday Harbor.
When disasters strike, small and medium sized businesses often endure the worst of the impacts. In the islands, our geographic isolation and economic reliance on a few key industries make the challenge even greater. This no-cost 8 hour training will provide basic information about the risks to the islands, and will offer some simple tools and approaches to help businesses prepare.
- Forming a business continuity planning team
- Identifying functions that are necessary for your business to operate
- Identifying hazards that could adversely affect the continuity of your business
- Writing a business continuity plan that addresses high probability and high impact emergencies
- Testing and evaluating your business continuity plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Small and medium sized business owners and managers
- Those with roles supporting small and medium sized businesses
- Insurers, banks, and other providers of critical support to small and medium sized businesses
Training will be held on March 31 in Friday Harbor from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (exact location/timing is TBD and will accommodate as best as possible walk-on inter-island ferry passengers)